More Detailed Week of Camp

24 08 2009

Let’s see…I’ll start on:


We left the church at around 9, which to a teenager I guess is kind of early. Once we got going we were fine. There were 4 of us teens…we were going to meet up with one girls family and pick her up. About 10 minutes into the trip we realized that we were going to be very bored. We didn’t bring a single thing to entertain us…and as everyone knows teenagers have the attention span of…of…well something that doesn’t have a very big attention span.

We got there checked in and unloaded everything. We spent most of the rest of the day until dinner meandering around…still trying to find something to do…we got there around 12:00…because of that there wasn’t very many people there.

There were three other kids in our cabin. Travis, Aaron, and Andrew. Pretty cool kids for the most part.

On Monday one of the guys from our church got saved. It was pretty amazing.


Tuesday was the beginning of a very long day/week. Tuesday was the beginning of the music competitions. They had vocal solos that day. I entered but did not win…which to me was ok…I’m not much of a singer, so if I won I would have been very happy but if I didn’t I wouldn’t have been sad. One of the counselors from my church won the counselor competition. It was pretty cool. Tuesday evening’s preaching was also one of the most powerful nights for me. Evangelist Kevin Brownfield was the speaker. Tuesday he said: “Many of us spend time focusing on the urgent instead of focusing on the important.” Just that statement made me wonder how much time I was wasting.


Wednesday was the most stressful day for me. Instrumental solos. I always stress over stuff like that. There was a lot of competition this year. A friend of mine, Michael, who had been playing violin for 12 years was competing. I didn’t think that I would even come close to beating him. Last year he beat me not that I was surprised. This year I beat him….when they told me that you could have blown me over so easily. Michael and I were actually standing near each other when they told us…I was so in shock….I asked multiple times if this was a joke or if they had somehow mixed up the scores. I’m still slightly in shock.


Thursday was amphibious day. We went down to the lake and played lots of water games. This year they had a twist. They got a fire truck to come down and spray everyone with the hose. I would have pictures but obviously I was soaked. Lots and lots of fun though. That evening was also skit evening. In years past I had just watched and laughed. This year I decided I would participate. I got put into two skits and volunteered for a third. It was so much fun…I’m not much of an actor but took speech in high school so I know how to “act” or at least do the basics. It was fun. I enjoyed it so much. I didn’t even have much stage fright which is really amazing.


Friday was just to me a relaxing day. I just enjoyed the day….met a couple of new people. I can’t believe how quickly the week went. It was pretty cool. I’m sad that this was my last year as a camper. I really did enjoy it this year.


Saturday was going home day. Saying good bye to some friends. Many I won’t see for a whole year some maybe longer. I hope to go back next year. 🙂

I hope you enjoyed the week so much. My minod was off of college all week. It was relaly nice. Of course I’m not back into reality….time to think about college and stress more…12 days




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: